Featured Post

Journey in #BlackLivesMatter

     This is a difficult post to write, but writing helps me process things, so here it is. There are so many things on this issue that are ...

Monday, May 20, 2013

May Update

Hmmmm... I think it is time for an update, don't you?
     I have been working at the Salon for over 4 months now and it has been good. It actually feels like it's been longer than that.  I have a great relationship with my boss, which is awesome and I feel like I do a good job there and I even got a raise since being there!  I really enjoy getting to know the guests and serving them and stuff.  God is so good!  I went from working 20 minutes away to about 5 minutes away and two weeks after I got this job I lost the car I was borrowing (they sold it.)  So the past few months my wonderful roommates have been giving me rides to and from work and sometimes I walk.
    Speaking of roommates, I had a new roommate move-in in January and she is AMAZING.  I am so so grateful for her!  Again... the LORD IS SO GOOD!!!  I had been praying for my new roommate for months, right? And he brought us a girl who fits in perfectly, she's fun, goofy and kind.  We have an all around great house.  Went I first moved into this house I declared it to be DaySpring Cottage.  I got the word DaySpring from Luke 1:78 when John's father Zacharias prophesies and he says "the Dayspring from on high has visited us."  I looked up Dayspring and it means a rising light or dawn, or a new dawning.  When I read that I really felt it over my ministry and my home.  That wherever I am, it shall be used as a place of new light or new dawning for those who come into it.  It has proven true.  Since moving here, all of the girls who have lived here have gone through intense inner healing, including me! It's been amazing.
   Here are some pics of me and my roommates:




We have had some good times together.  We do crafts together, movie nights, we eat together, we pray together, we encourage one another, we're really goofy together... and so on.  It has been a great fun and growing experience!!

    So, basically, my life the past few months has been about working and I get to the prayer room whenever I can.  I know the Lord is using these different situations to grow me in new ways.  So, someday, I'll be the new and improved Susan! lol, jk.
My grandmother who lived in Michigan recently passed away and so a couple weeks ago I went to Michigan to say my goodbyes.  I miss my grandmother and it was so sad to see that the house I grew up going to every summer was being sold (it sold the week it got put on the market) but it was so good to be with family that I haven't seen since July.  I, also, really love and greatly miss Michigan, so it was nice to be there for a few days.  That is pretty much my update for now.  Here are pics of Michigan:
                                                             
                                                  On the ROAD... my adorable niece.




                                                    

                                                          Cousins all together for dinner:



 













 Sleeping Bear Dunes!!!!











                                                         

1 comment: